Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The sound of running water

Here are some pictures of the first water feature I put in about three years ago. I burriesd a concrete planter, piled rockes behind it to hide the plumbing, surrounded it with rocks, added a bamboo pipe for the water to leak outof and voila! the sound of running water in the garden.



The water strikes this rock that I put in because it has a natural depression, and then runs into the tub. The bamboo pipe hides the hose that the water runs through.



Saint francis watches over the whole thing for me. When I have it turned on the goldfinches, sparrows and nuthatches like to shower under the running water.



I haven't had to refill the tub at all this year. The rain has kept it topped up since I first filled it in the spring.





No comments: