Thursday, July 3, 2008

More Roses

Here are a couple of more pictures of the white climber as promised. I took these this morning just before the downpour started. It's too bad its raining so hard. It will make things uncomfortable for those who are attending the celebrations for Quebec City's four hundredth. I hope it stops raining before the fireworks are scheduled to start this evening.




This pink is another one that belonged to Gate's mother. I found it growing in the lawn where a flower bed used to be. It was a sad looking little thing when I moved it, and I later found two more in the same area. Each of them is now over four feet tall. They produce huge numbers of buds each spring, but I've never seen an actual bloom. they seem to be particularly susceptible to some sort of fungus that destroys the buds before they open. It looks like they're actually going to bloom this year. I was seriously thinking about getting rid of them if they didn't produce some bloom this year. In spite of the healthy looking bloom, they still seem to be affected by rust but a little sulphur dust seems to be taking care of that. I just have to keep dusting because the rain keeps washing it off.


Here's the first (and perhaps the only) bud on the First Edition. It should open fully in the next day or so if we get another couple of sunny days. If it fulfills its promise I'll post another pic of it in a few days.


No comments: