Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Apples and others

Between the two trees I'm only going to get about five apples, and that's only if the blackbirds don't get them first. These are Jonagolds. The tree only had five blooms and looks to be having a total of three fruit. That's a much better rate than the Spartan that was covered with bloom and looks to have two lonely little fruit. Oh well, next year.



The perennial lavatera is beginning to bloom. It's a little later than last year, probably because we haven't had as much sun as last year. I got the garden in the weekend after May long, and I haven't had to water yet because we've had rain nearly every day. There are masses of buds just waiting to open anyway, so it will put on a good show as the summer progresses.


The clematis Rhapsody produces more blossoms every day with many buds in various stages of development and the old ones seem to last forever. I'm hoping to see some seeds this year so that I can try planting some.


The clematis Jackmani superba blooming now too. The picture on the tag showed a much darker purple, more like the color of the Rhapsody. The true color is more of a royal purple which I like alot. There are a few buds starting to show on the white and the pink as well which I will post as they begin to open in a few days.



No comments: