Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More Roses

Another pic of the rose called First Edition. I'm hoping that it will produce more bloom now that Gate took away some of the branches of the Chestnut tree that were blocking the sun from it.



The last of the first bloom on the John Boerner floribunda. Since I took this, I cut off all the spent blooms and its already preparing to do it all over again.




The floribunda Nicole that I was sure was dead has proven me wrong. These two pics are of the same bloom three days apart and at different times of the day. The first is a lat evening shot, and the second is early morning. The quality of light sure makes a difference in how the pictures turn out. In the early morning one the colors are more true. The colors are somewhat faded compared to last year where the edges of the petals were more a true red than the pink they are this year.




No comments: