Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Windy Wednesday

My computer was "hors de combat" for a few days. A very nice young man came to my house and took it away. When he returned it, it had only the most basic "things" (thats a technical term in our house) in it. Its taken me most of the week to put other "things" back and restore some semblance of order. The nice young man managed to rescue every single picture, and I've now backed everything up so I won't lose anything if it happens again. He said it might and that I need to consider a new hard drive sometime in the near future. Of course, I took time off to plant the garden--potatoes (two kinds), beans (4 kinds of climbers), okra, onions, peas, carrots and beets, two kinds of zucchini, and a whole whack of other kinds of squash. Now if it would just warm up--I had to cover the cherry trees, and the one apple that is ready to bloom, last night because it was set to be -1 with the wind. Its been cold again today with a wicked cold west wind (30 km/h with gusts up to 52 km/h), but the temp won't go below 10 degrees or so so everything is safe for the nonce. It sure doesn't feel much like its going to ever be spring, but the pansys below are trying to tell me otherwise. They're a new addition to the flower bed by way of Margo next door. I helped her re-arrange her flower beds a week ago and she let me dig these out of her lawn and bring them home. I think their little faces are about the most cheerful thing in the yard right now. I'll be posting more pics tomorrow--cherry blossoms (at long last!!) and the plum tree is in full bloom too.



No comments: