Friday, September 28, 2007

guacamole pre-constructed









This 9x12 inch oil sketch on canvas is part of what I call my 'pre-constructed' series. The notion of pre construction comes from watching the Food Network and the trend of serving food in a de-constructed state. The best example I've seen of this is the chef who served a 'deconstructed' lemon meringue pie--On a long shallow plate he placed a wafer (to represent the crust), a serving of lemon pudding (to represent the filling), and a meringue based cookie (to represent the meringue)--voila! lemon meringue pie deconstructed. A bit too precious for my eating tastes, but the genesis of an excellent idea around which to build still life portraits of the everyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that idea is neat! Wow the way I wrote that makes me sound geeky :)