Wednesday, November 21, 2007

No paintings or sketches today

We had the first real snow of the season yesterday. The heavy, wet kind of snow that sticks to the trees and makes them into sculptures. Shoveled the porch and the back deck twice so the dogs don't come to harm. I'm just glad I don't have to shovel the driveway. A very nice man in a very large machine comes and does it for me. I took this picture after about an hour of snowing.





I love the way this plum tree looks when its covered with snow. Almost as pretty as it looks in the spring when it blooms. Too bad its a singleton and (almost) never produces fruit. In seven years its given me one plum a beautiful red fruit with golden flesh that was ever so sweet. Now if I could just find out what kind it is so I could get it a buddy and get the fruit its meant to produce.






A night view of the plum tree.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see yur place in the winter.It would be weird to see yur garden without all of the colorful flowers.